“Herbs are nature’s naturally concentrated pharmaceuticals that work simultaneously on physical, emotional, and energetic levels – nature’s green holistic pharmacy” – Steve Schechter, NP, HHP
Our herbal program is one of the strongest in the world, including two of the premier herb instructors in the country. Our NHI Founder Steve Schechter, N.P., H.H.P., and Alison Reid-Bretell, L.Ac., are nationally respected as highly experienced teachers and health practitioners.
This Program will train you in the use of Clinical Herbology for personal growth or for the benefit of others. Clinical Herbology can be practiced alone or in conjunction with the Holistic Health Practitioner license or other therapeutic practices. Those in the fields of medicine, chiropractic, nursing, acupuncture, physical therapy, dentistry, massage, counseling and other healing arts use Clinical Herbology in their existing practices.
- How to purchase quality herbs and herbal products, proper storage, and correct methods of preparation.
- More than 300 Eastern and Western herbs will be presented, including describing the traditional folk uses of each herb plus modern scientific research documenting their therapeutic effectiveness and safety, and any potential side effects, contraindications, or drug interactions.
- How to make teas, salves, balms, tinctures, balanced and individualized herbal formulas and other preparations.
- The energetics of each herb and how it affects specific systems in the body, along with proper adult and child dosages.
- Highly effective methods of herbal medicine—combining the clinical and scientific with the traditional holistic and energetic approach—will be fully integrated into a system of making balanced and individualized herb formulas.
- Herbs for cleansing, building/balancing organs, glands, blood, lymph, muscles, nerves, emotions, and other energy systems; for common symptoms; energy tonics; herbal first aid, salves and compresses; developing your herbal intuition; and much more.
- Several herb walks and adventures are also offered where you will learn how to identify and collect wild, medicinal herbs.
- The advanced training portion of this program includes Formula Making, Supervised Practicum, Chinese Herbs & Formulas, and more.
Diploma/ Certificate of Completion: Certified Clinical Master Herbalist (CCMH)™ – 200 hrs
Program Tuition: $2,395.00
Combined Certified Nutritionist Consultant (CNC)™ & Certified Clinical Master Herbalist (CCMH)TM Programs — In Classroom
Open To Everyone!
Wednesday Nights, 6:30 – 9:30 pm
Now through June 26, 2019
Offered once-a-year only
(You can join in-progress, at any time, the sooner the better!)
Try your first class for only $49
(advance registration required).
Learn how to individualize nutritional and herbal formulas and programs for a wide range of common and serious problems, and for each organ, gland, emotions, energy systems, much more…
- What does and does not work
- Optimal delivery forms
- How to legally conduct a Holistic Health consultation
- and much more!
Topics for Wednesday Night Feb 6:
* Boosting Digestion, Absorption, and Utilization of Foods, Nutrition, and Herbs.
* Creating Balanced Yet Individualized Foods, Herbs, Nutrients & Phytonutrient Formulas.
Attend our in-person classes and enjoy 4 local herb walks, identifying native and common local herbs in San Diego County. And much, much more!
Instructor: Steve Schechter, NP, HHP, NHI Founder-Director
Before founding NHI 22 years ago, Steve was the senior formulator for 2 of the 3 largest supplement companies in the world and 3 of the 4 largest herb companies in the world. Steve authored the best-selling book for 12.5 years on foods, nutrients and herbs well documented to boost immune processes and detoxify from a wide range of common chemicals, heavy metals, and radiations. He has had more than 350 articles published in national peer review magazines, and a regular keynote speaker for 17 years at the three largest health industry symposiums in the world. For many years, the largest health industry companies considered him one of the top, most experienced nutrition and one of the top, most experienced herb experts in the country.
Both Programs Combined, including in-classroom training and Certification + complete distance learning: Discounted To $2,795 (Normally $4,800)
Advance registration REQUIRED.
No registration the night of the class.
Class location will be provided upon completion of registration.
If you plan to attend, please contact our office during regular business hours.
Note: All 5 of our Distance Learning Programs for Certification/License -including CNC, CCMH, CCMA, HHP, NP – are open to everyone anytime..
In-person combination of BOTH Certified Nutritionist Consultant (CNC)™ & Certified Clinical Master Herbalist (CCMH)™.
Starting Wednesdays, January 23, 2019 6:30-9:30pm through Wed. June 26, 2019 for BOTH Certifications + Distance Learning components.
400 Credit Hours. $2,795 for both combined programs (can do a pay plan over time) along with their Distance Learning components.
To ensure availability, please register by Jan. 15.
Steve Schechter, N.P., H.H.P.
Founder & Director Natural Healing Institute of Naturopathy, Inc. (NHI)